Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Just a tid bit

So I was thinking some more about my Op-Ed paper and I decided to write a little bit more about it. People here in Utah drive crazy. It is just a fact that all you native Utahans will just have to accept. I feel like I am at least somewhat qualified to make such a claim as I have driven a lot in this state sand others, mainly Oregon, Nevada, California, and Idaho. You would think that due to the close proximity of these states, the driving would remain relatively equal, but no. Across these states it is easily made visible the different driving habits of each community.


So, just to get an idea of the craziness I saw everyday working as a delivery driver for all over central utah, here is a little snippet.



That video was taken along highway 6 in spanish fork headed to Price UT, a highway I drove everyday. Utah drivers are insane, and here is a video I think sums up all that can be said about Utah drivers, by one himself.

6 comments:

  1. Ha, I decided to write my oped about the light system in Utah. I HATE UTAH DRIVERS!! Needless to say, I'm going back to AZ asap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me SO happy to know that someone else feels my pain! I've lived in California my entire life. Driving in the grand 'ol state of Utah makes me want to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Utah drivers are so BAD! Now with the freeway under construction it’s even worse, because there is even littler space to drive and to rubberneck. So now I’m even more scared then I was on the freeway, so you should be too. I’m so happy that I’m not a Utah driver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am jumping on the van wagon and saying the same thing...man Utah drivers you need to get your act together! I have only been living here for a few weeks and man have I seen so many stupid moves! I'm from Oregon, and its not crazy there...at least not the driving...the people are a different story. Now driving around here is pretty dangerous as you watch people turn with not turn signals, switch lanes suddenly without warning, cross double white lines, that honestly I haven't seen in other states so you would think Utards would get it right since they have them fairly frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In defense, I am a Utah driver, born and raised, and I'm a good driver. I've seen stupid things myself, but I just went on a road trip to California with my husband and saw tons of stupid moves. It's not only Utah. And in Provo, there are so many crazy moves I see, but honestly what makes up a ton of the student population of drivers in Provo around campus are out of state. I get the Utah driver thing, but stereotyping it to ALL Utah drivers isn't right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, thanks for your comment, and most (if not al)l of my experiences have to do with out of provo roadways. I worked up and down the utah valley as a delivery driver, going to Sandy, Park City, Bountiful, SLC, Spanish Fork, even as far south as Cedar City.
    I absolutely do not think ALL Utah drivers are bad, I just think they are the worst over all. As for California, I have little experience driving there. But my op-ed piece is not on whether or not Utah is worse than any other states driving habits, its about the mentality of Utah drivers and how it reflects who they are.

    ReplyDelete