Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Something of Note.

So this is completely off topic, but I just wanted to comment on something that I think bugs me, and I know others.

Tuesday is devotional day, we all know that because EVERYTHING on campus comes to a halt. Now, I do not disagree with devotionals at all, intact I think they are great. I just disagree with the timing. I mean, the only time I have to eat lunch on tuesday is at 11. I have class from 9:30 am to 4:15 pm. I can either eat my lunch, or suffer the consequences of devotional. I know that may seem menial to some, but I know many others have this same issue with the devotional.

This doesn't affect me, but there are those of us who use the cougareat as a place to purchase our lunch and sit and eat. What I don't get, is why all the places to buy food are "closed" when all the students are still working. What is the point? If the cougar eat is such a temptation to students to eat instead of go to devotional, why wouldn't BYU move the devotional time slot to another time when eating is not a problem?

Here is just another crazy Utah driving video, hope you enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Another solution would be to just broadcast devotional to all the TVs all over campus. If needed, they can just put in a couple of big screens in the cougareat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I understood what you were going through, so I could tell you "I'm sorry." Unfortunately, I really never eat in the cougareat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here, I don't eat in the food court area but I do sympathize with some of those policies that contradict each other. Someone just didn't think it all the way through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. It's very poorly timed. And the fact that all of the employees of pretty much every single place are still just sitting there doing nothing frustrates me to no end. It's a waste of BYU's resources.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. I have class at 12. Its really inconvenient. So not only am I late to class if I attend, I am also starving until 4:30 when classes are over! I just want some caffeinated soda at 11am!

    ReplyDelete