Tuesday, October 4, 2011

First Time For Everything

Well, it was pretty cool. I never have been to a poetry reading before, although I have actually read poetry... how odd. Well, before Chris emailed us about this opportunity to attend, my Biology teacher actually talked about him in our class. First thing that struck my interest was that W. S. Merwin was an important figure in the anti-war protest during Vietnam. Not only that, but he was a Pulitzer prize winner for poetry. Pretty impressive.
His poetry was not really that interesting to me (maybe because its meaning escapes me) but it is something to be appreciated I think. Maybe you could say it has influenced me on some unconscious level. All in all, it was something that I am glad I was able to attend, and has definitely brought to light the poetic side of me.
Please visit this link, and feast your eyes and imagination on my favorite poem.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks cool. I kind of wanted to go. I went to a book reading once and then I left wanting to write a book. So maybe it's a good thing I left because I have zero time to pick up being a poem writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Calvin and Hobbes poem is great! I'm not a big fan of poetry, but I got sucked in when I started reading that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I love the Calvin and Hobbes Poetry! It was quite entertaining (and by that I mean I couldn't stop reading even if I had tried, which I wouldn't because it was so awesome.) Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete