Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I want YOU for U.S. Army!




Do any of these look familiar? How do they affect you? Do they make you want to stand up for our country? Maybe buy a few war bonds or do your part?  The issue I want to get at is propaganda. More specifically Psychological Operations (PSYOP) and if it is effective. I want to address it as if it were an idea proposed the government to me and I had to give my opinion and try to persuade them on way or another. Some questions I might ask would be; Does propaganda work? What makes it work? What impact does it have on the human psyche? I want to see how it has helped both domestically and abroad.

3 comments:

  1. Alright dude, just don't bash on my beloved country. I might have to get Captain America on your case then and you know he punched Hitler over 200 times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've chosen a really cool topic, I think. We've (the US Military has) taken the C-130 platform and equipped it to broadcast radio signals that completely overpower the local radio stations it flies over so we can broadcast what we want locals to hear. It's pretty intense. Just thought you might want to check into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be really cool, hopefully you have some of it written by now. But I have always thought propaganda has always worked, and has made people want to change their thought process.

    ReplyDelete